SEO is a marketing channel and you should think of it as a way to acquire potential clients, and not as something you have to do.
Brief summary of show:
Where do most law firms go wrong with SEO?
One of the hottest topics and biggest marketing trends is leveraging SEO for business growth.
In this episode, Eli Schwartz joins me to talk about SEO from a different angle than we typically speak about. He shares why most firms shouldn’t in fact be prioritizing SEO.
Eli is an SEO expert and consultant with more than a decade of experience working for leading B2B and B2C companies.
His ability to demystify and navigate the SEO process has generated billions of dollars in revenue for some of the internet’s top websites, including such clients as Shutterstock, WordPress, Blue Nile, Quora, and Zendesk.
As head of SurveyMonkey’s SEO team, Schwartz oversaw the company’s global operations, helped launch the first Asia-Pacific office, and grew the company’s organic search from just 1 percent of revenue to a key driver of global revenue. His work has been featured by TechCrunch, Entrepreneur.com, and Y Combinator, and he has given talks at business schools and keynote conferences around the world. His new book is.
We talk about:
• [1:50] What most firms are doing wrong with their SEO
• [3:50] Why certain firms shouldn’t be doing SEO
• [6:45] Why SEO isn’t the right kind of approach to managing your marketing
• [8:30] Which metrics you should be paying attention to
• [12:35] Content creation tips as it relates to SEO
• [18:40] Which firms should be doing SEO
• [21:45] Where firms go wrong with ‘links’
• [27:50] Eli’s book recommendation
Eli Schwartz's Book
From the publisher:
In a world of rapidly evolving technologies and business paradigms, your consulting business needs to radically adapt its techniques and models. Taking full measure of these changes, Alan Weiss, the “Rock Star of Consulting,” will guide you through the process with a revised and completely updated sixth edition of his authoritative guide to consulting success.
Weiss updates his time-tested model for creating a flourishing consulting business, while showing you the many dynamic changes in solo and boutique consulting, coaching, and entrepreneurship. In addition, he offers you invaluable guidance on raising capital, attracting clients, and creating an airtight marketing strategy.
This new edition is packed with step-by-step advice on how to:
- Use volatility and disruption as offensive weapons
- Maximize fees by adopting a “value mindset”
- Build a successful model for marketing remotely
- Master cutting-edge technology to reach the broadest audience
- Form powerful alliances to increase reach and impact
- Think branding—and think global
- Generate six-figure projects, six-figure retainers, and seven-figure incomes
Million Dollar Consulting has been the go-to classic for consultants for nearly 25 years. With cutting-edge new content, Alan Weiss will show you how to grow your business into a seven-figure firm today.
Million Dollar Consulting by Alan Weiss
Calculator for discovering your marketing budget