You can get leads off of Instagram, Facebook, or LinkedIn, it's just a matter of finding that right mix.
Brief summary of show:
In this episode, Rob Freund, an advertising and e-commerce attorney based in LA, discusses common legal issues that marketers and content creators come across on social media.
He began his independent practice in 2019 after working with Greenberg Traurig, representing various entities including direct-to-consumer brands, marketing and talent agencies and independent creators.
He discusses issues like using content found online, copyright disputes and advertising litigation. He advises on the safest way to use music in content creation, reviews and deceptive patterns in advertising, as well as potential pitfalls in social media law.
Rob gives listeners actionable tips on:
• [1:47] Most common issue you are seeing when people first are contacting him
• [2:53] Where is the safe spot for people get music for their posts
• [5:40] Other common issues – regulatory attention on reviews
• [10:38] How to handle negative reviews
• [16:26] The best time to ask for positive reviews
• [18:23] What is our responsibility for the message your guest may proclaim on your platform (podcast etc)
• [22:15] Understanding website terms
• [23:24] Using artificial intelligence
• [25:56] Thinking about your ideal client
• [28:18] Robert’s book Review
• [33:35] One big takeaway from this episode
Thank you for exploring our insights on the intersection of social media and the law. If you’re eager to dive deeper into this captivating topic or are seeking expert assistance with your social media strategies, you’re in the right place. We offer a range of professional Social Media Services tailored to your needs.
For ongoing knowledge, visit our News section, where you’ll find a treasure trove of informative blog posts. Whether you’re looking to navigate legal waters, boost your online presence, or simply stay updated on the latest trends, the Social Media section of our blog has you covered. To learn more about our services or to access our wealth of blog content, head to our website now. We look forward to assisting you on your digital journey!
Robert Freund's Book
From the publisher:
Step into the shadowy world of deceptive patterns and learn how online businesses exploit consumers through carefully designed tricks and traps. In this eye-opening book, Harry Brignull unveils how these techniques work and why they’re used, naming and shaming many well-known brands along the way. Regulations are changing rapidly, and we’re seeing a big rise in legal enforcement. But is it enough to protect consumers?