Your brand is so much more than the colors and logo. It's what speaks to your customer before you're even speaking to them.
Brief summary of show:
In this episode, Stephanie Riel joins me to discuss the science of branding and its impact on your firm.
We talk about what branding means, the opportunities you have as a lawyer and a firm to align your brand with your ideal clients, and how to define what your brand is overall.
Stephanie Riel is a brand strategist and marketing consultant and the founder of RielDeal® Brands. Stephanie started her first business at the age of 22 – before she had even graduated college. Since starting that first business, she has spent more than a decade supporting everyone from small business to Fortune 10 companies in the e-commerce, health and wellness, technology, real estate, fitness, beauty, and retail industries build and grow their businesses by crafting marketing strategy that drives visibility, generates leads and nurtures those leads to convert.
In her personal time she enjoys taking vacations to the beach, focusing on personal development and wellness, and soaking up every special moment with her dog Teddy the Schnoodle.
Stephanie gives listeners actionable tips on:
- [2:35] The biggest mistakes about branding right off the bat
- [5:05] The science and psychology behind color in branding
- [12:50] What to do when your brand is misaligned with your ideal clients
- [18:20] Having different calls to action in your marketing
- [21:10] Creating an email drip campaign
- [26:00] How to understand your client’s feelings about your brand
- [31:45] Content differentiation between platforms
- [34:20] Branding and your customer journey
- [35:40] Stephanie’s book review
- [38:20] How branding impacts the purchasing decision
- [45:30] One big takeaway from this episode
Stephanie Riel's Book
From the publisher:
Joe Dispenza, D.C., has spent decades studying the human mind—how it works, how it stores information, and why it perpetuates the same behavioral patterns over and over. In the acclaimed film What the Bleep Do We Know!? he began to explain how the brain evolves—by learning new skills, developing the ability to concentrate in the midst of chaos, and even healing the body and the psyche.
Evolve Your Brain presents this information in depth, while helping you take control of your mind, explaining how thoughts can create chemical reactions that keep you addicted to patterns and feelings—-including ones that make you unhappy. And when you do know how these bad habits are created, it’s possible not to only break these patters, but also reprogram and evolve your brain, so that new, positive, and beneficial habits can take over.