You want to make an impact and feel professionally valued, but there's a lot of power in knowing when to speak up and when to listen.
Brief summary of show:
How can women lawyers be financially empowered?
Why is it important to feel heard, respected, and create boundaries in the workplace?
Sibgongile Ngako joins me on the podcast this week to talk about financial independence and becoming financially empowered.
Sibongile is a Harvard-educated corporate fintech and compliance executive leveraging her expertise and background to help empower women professionally, personally, and financially.
We talk about:
• [1:00] Why financial empowerment is particularly important for women
• [2:20] How to take control of your finances
• [7:25] Tips to being heard and respected in the workplace
• [11:10] Knowing our limits and boundaries
• [16:20] How empowerment plays a big role in long-term aligning of your goals and success
• [20:10] Sibongile’s book recommendation
• [24:00] The biggest takeaway from this conversation
Sibongile Ngako's Book
From the publisher:
In The Four Agreements, bestselling author don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
• A New York Times bestseller for over a decade
• Translated into 46 languages worldwide
“This book by don Miguel Ruiz, simple yet so powerful, has made a tremendous difference in how I think and act in every encounter.” — Oprah Winfrey
“Don Miguel Ruiz’s book is a roadmap to enlightenment and freedom.” — Deepak Chopra, Author, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success
“An inspiring book with many great lessons.” — Wayne Dyer, Author, Real Magic
The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Calculator for discovering your marketing budget