The first step in leveraging LinkedIn for building your personal brand is having a great profile.
Brief summary of show:
How do you leverage the power of LinkedIn as a lawyer?
LinkedIn is a powerful tool when it comes to networking and establishing yourself as a thought leader. There are many great features that my guest Allison Nunes goes into in our conversation.
Allison is the Director of Global Events for LinkedIn’s sales org and has been with the company since 2013. In addition to her day job at LinkedIn, she is a workshop ambassador for LinkedIn’s “Rock Your Profile” program which helps members create a profile that showcases their skills, experience and accomplishments. She is a champion for helping people leverage LinkedIn, their networks and share their voice.
Allison has 20+ years of experience in the travel, meetings, event marketing and hospitality industry. She is a frequent global traveler, a fitness enthusiast and a financial wellness advocate.
We talk about:
• [1:35] The first steps in leveraging LinkedIn
• [5:45] How to optimize your LinkedIn profile
• [14:00] LinkedIn features, including the ‘Record Your Name’ feature
• [17:30] Tips to becoming a thought leader on LinkedIn
• [19:00] The difference between LinkedIn posts and articles
• [23:00] Understanding LinkedIn’s ‘Creator Mode’
• [24:20] LinkedIn’s podcast network
• [32:00] How to use hashtags on LinkedIn
• [35:30] Allison’s book recommendation
Allison Nunes' Book
From the publisher:
Many of us are The Qualified Quiet™ – we’ve done the work but don’t know how to share it. We need a place to begin. Brag Better™ will teach you to:
• Eliminate words that undermine your work and find better ones.
• Pitch yourself and work, from networking to press.
• Explain your work and use it to get bigger opportunities in public and within a company.
If you’re ready to begin a path to Bragging Better, be proud of your work, and help others shine, this book is for you.
Brag Better by Meredith Fineman
Calculator for discovering your marketing budget